This website offers information about Venerable Amy Miller (Lobsang Chodren), a Buddhist nun in the Tibetan tradition. Venerable Amy teaches and leads retreats and pilgrimages around the world.
Upcoming ONLINE Program Highlights (Please click on 2020 teaching schedule tab for more practices you can join and to find DETAILED information). All times are East Coast US Time. Click on center names for more information.
- Saturdays in September and October, 8 – 8:30am Guided Practice Sessions Based on Advice from Lama Zopa Rinpoche for COVID-19. For more information on how to join please go to this link: https://shantidevanyc.org/covid-19-practices/
- September 14, 21, 28 and October 5, 1:30 – 3:30pm The Spiritual Teacher via Zoom hosted by Centre of Compassion Study Group
- September 24, 7 – 9pm Cittamani Tara Puja Shantideva Meditation Center
- September 27, 1:30 – 3pm Acceptance and Forgiveness: Getting the Mind in Sync as a Path to Peace (Facebook Livestream) Tse Chen Ling Center
- October 1, 7 – 9pm Medicine Buddha Puja Shantideva Meditation Center
- **October 9, 7 – 9pm, Entering the Swift Path of Tantra on a Solid Foundation Shantideva Meditation Center
- **October 10 – 11, 10am – 12noon, 2 – 4pm Introduction to Tantra Shantideva Meditation Center
October 22, 6 – 7:30pm, Mindful Self-Compassion During Difficult Times Milarepa Center
- October 24, 4 – 6pm Cittamani Tara Puja Shantideva Meditation Center
- November 12, 19 & December 3, 17, 7:00 – 8:30pm Transforming Problems (Discovering Buddhism Module 11) Tubten Kunga Center
Update on Lawudo Pilgrimage and Retreat 2020
The Lawudo Pilgrimage and Retreat scheduled for May 10 – 28, 2020 has been postponed due to the Covid-19 Virus. It is rescheduled for April 26 to May 14, 2021.
If you are interested in participating, please read the detailed itinerary HERE. For registration information, please contact [email protected].
Enjoy this 9-minute slideshow on the flight and walk to Lawudo, a beautiful remote retreat center near Mount Everest in Solu Khumbu, Nepal, along with the preciousness of being there.
Please enjoy the blog and pictures from the October 2018 Lawudo Pilgrimage and Retreat. Click HERE to read more about it.
Buddhism in a Nutshell
Are you looking for a general overview of the Buddhist path in the Tibetan tradition? Have a look at Buddhism in a Nutshell, an FPMT* publication co-authored by Lama Thubten Yeshe, Kyabje Lama Zopa Rinpoche and Venerable Amy Miller. This book includes an 11-hour audio CD of Venerable Amy teaching this course that is part of the FPMT online learning center.
- You can order the book here and the online course here.
- New e-book available here. Also included is a free code for the FPMT Online Learning Center course that contains downloadable audio files of the course as taught by Ven. Amy Miller.
*Foundation for the Preservation of the Mahayana Tradition